Added Mar 26, 2014
I made myself BurdaStyle Wool Long Coat 08/2012#101B this year (blogged here).
- the boxy men’s wear inspired silhouette
- it covers my body down to my knees, and is double breasted front style which keeps me warm
- the pink color! It is easier for people to find me in a crowd of gray and black coats
- silk lining. It is very warm and luxurious. It was worth the money for the fabric!
I am not so crazy about:
- the sleeve insertion. Can you see the wrinkle around the armhole in my back view picture above?
- the shoulder width of the coat patterns. They were very wide, and I had to take in about 5 inches! Next time I sew this coat, I would do a narrow shoulder adjustment before I start sewing.
Overall, I am happy with the result. I bought three meters of this wool fabric, and used two meters for the coat. I also made a coat for my daughter in matching fabric.
wool blend, interface, silk satin for lining, snap buttons
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.