Added Mar 26, 2014
I made myself BurdaStyle Wool Long Coat 08/2012#101B this year (blogged here).
- the boxy men’s wear inspired silhouette
- it covers my body down to my knees, and is double breasted front style which keeps me warm
- the pink color! It is easier for people to find me in a crowd of gray and black coats
- silk lining. It is very warm and luxurious. It was worth the money for the fabric!
I am not so crazy about:
- the sleeve insertion. Can you see the wrinkle around the armhole in my back view picture above?
- the shoulder width of the coat patterns. They were very wide, and I had to take in about 5 inches! Next time I sew this coat, I would do a narrow shoulder adjustment before I start sewing.
Overall, I am happy with the result. I bought three meters of this wool fabric, and used two meters for the coat. I also made a coat for my daughter in matching fabric.
wool blend, interface, silk satin for lining, snap buttons
Stock up on our favorite BurdaStyle patterns sewn in white!
Learn How to Sew Knits Successfully With a Sewing Machine
Join Meg Healy in this 6 Week Course, we have just re-opened enrollment for a limited time!
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
Take a look at Meg's 2014 Mash Ups, and get the special pattern bundle that includes them all
Live in Fort Collins, Colorado and love sewing? Find out more about this great opportunity!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.