Pink & Red ....
Added Jan 30, 2010
Sydney Again., A...
… 40 hours, 10 meters of tulle, 25 meters of ribbon and a big obnoxious bow!
I had ordered 8 meters of pink and red satin thinking I’d be making something completely different then stumbled across a pattern from the 80’s that I made a dress from 21 years ago.
I should have used taffetta or a silk dupion for this style but instead I stiffened the bodice lining and the bodice to make it stand up with the help of boning.
This was also the first time I have used decorative stitching too – little silver scrolls around the edge of the frill.
The original pattern had lace netting underneath but instead I added ribbons on layers of bridal tulle.
I had no plans to wear this and showed it to my mother and she has claimed it! Good to know it wont just be worn for dress ups in 10 years time by my daughter (or my son).
After being stuck at the sewing machine for the last two weeks I better go feed my family!
Sew in stiffening