Added Nov 10, 2012
by Amy Thomas
Leeds, United Ki...
Yaaaaaaaaay I’ve finally finished a new look 6808 top after buying the pattern nearly a year ago.
Why so long you might ask? Well it took me this long to fit it properly.
I made four attempts. FOUR! Yeesh.
I worked out I’m a 8 around the neck, a 10 at the arm holes and bust, a 12 at the waist and a 14 at the hips.
Now I have the perfect fit though. I even added a centre back seam to help the fit.
I drafted the collar myself. I used the neck facings to work out the general size of the collar I needed and a french curve on the front collar pieces.
More details on my blog http://almondrock.wordpress.com/2012/11/10/new-look-6808-finally/
I used a purply-black poly micro-fibre fabric and some pink poly scraps I had for the collar and the sleeve lining.
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.