Added Mar 1, 2012
Another combo of Pendrell Blouse and Kasia skirt.
I made the blouse in size 2, it is made with hot pink stretch charmeuse. I just love this pattern and it is so perfect paired with pencil skirt! The fabric has a bit of stretch in it so it is easier to put on and off. I used the matte side on the outside, which makes the shiny side against my body and it feels so comfortable.
The skirt is made zebra print microsuede fabric. I printed the Kasia skirt pattern at 92% and used size 38. I love this method instead of merely shortening the hem, because it makes the shape and details of the skirt more proportional to my petite body. And with this particular pattern, no fitting alteration is needed for my body!
I also made several design alterations to the skirt:
- Omitted the flap and pockets and kept the gathered side yoke for decorational purpose only.
- Changed the slits to back vent, using this helpful tutorial at A Fashionable Stitch. I really recommend this alteration as it makes the skirt looks better in my opinion.
- Shortened the hem to above my knee.
- Narrowed the hem by 2 cm on either side.
- Used invisible zipper on center back.
- Added Rigilene boning to the waistband facing. I didn’t use any interfacing because the fabric is stiff enough.
The skirt definitely need lining because the wrong side of the microsuede is not as soft as the right side, I used blue rayon lining from my stash. The waistband facing and hem are finished with light blue seam binding. I love how the inside of the skirt is so bright and colorful!
also blogged here
zebra print microsuede, stretch charmeuse
It's time to enter for our grand prize, an EX100 machine PLUS a trip to Nashville!
Pattern of the Week
A body skimming shift goes mod with graphic stripes and square neckline!
Three videos, a web seminar, and five patterns help you master stretchy stitching.
Try out menswear inspired wardrobe staples, like unconventional jackets and high waisted pants.
Find full size patterns for these, and other gorgeous styles in the spring issue!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.