Added Aug 19, 2013
I have used the bodice of Burda’s pattern #118 (sheath dress) over and over! I cannot get enough of it! I used it again for this dress and then drafted my own pattern for the pleated skirt. On the model the pattern is a little lose, I decided to make it a bit more fitted. I also added a few inches to the neck so that it wasn’t quite so open along the neckline. And instead of keeping the sleeveless look I added a flare to the armhole edges to create a flared cap sleeve look. Overall it looks beautiful on my friend Mckenna who wore it to her graduation!
Check out my website for more creations #bybrooke at brookecameronlowry.blogspot.com