Added Apr 25, 2014
I am partial to a shift dress and when the 112 Peplum Dress was released I was gung-ho for the pattern. This should have been a quick easy peasy sew, wrong! The sizing on this pattern is so big. I started with my size 40, and ended up recutting and going to the smallest size and still had to take more in on the sides. I know it’s meant to be loose since there is no zip closure but still it’s a whopper!
Then to top it off, I made a boo boo by only tracing one side of the sleeves thinking they were the same, NOT!!
Or course I didn’t have any spare fabric to recut, so I improvised with some black scrap fabric. Photos you can’t see the black back sleeves. Sometimes mistakes are meant to happen, having the contrast has made the dress look more Mod & a bit edgy. I just had enough scrap fabric to make some pockets also..
1 1/2 mtrs (not sure what this fabric is) houndstooth made of some weird fiber.
Sewing & Techniques
Introducing our popular Basic Bodice and Skirt Slopers now available in plus sizes!
You could win a social spotlight or full year subscription.
Featuring great prizes and the Magic Pattern Book.
Take a peek at the new How-To page
ALL about Etsy
How to take your Etsy Shop to the Next Level: Boost Traffic and Sales
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.