Added Sep 25, 2010
I got inspiration for this dress from a dress I saw on ModCloth, but didn’t realize how annoying it would be to make. It was a pain to get right and when i started i was thinking of making two, not anymore! I modified simplicity pattern 4070 and made the skirt part out of a rectangle. The bodice took so long to get right and I’m still not completely happy with how it turned out. The waistband on the dress wasn’t tight enough so i ended up making a belt for it out of a rectangle, some buttons and piping.
Cotton Voile for main dress, Cotton poplin for lining, cotton drill for belt, buttons, zipper and piping
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
No need to go outside… spend the morning in dolled up in this collection of vintage style pajamas.
BurdaStyle Magazine US
Get an inside look at the patterns from the first 4 issues of BurdaStyle US
As an early special Black Friday promotion you can now enroll in the course ($80 value) for $49.99!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.