Added Nov 16, 2010
Brooklyn, New Yo...
I used a pattern in order to get the cup size right for this dress. I used a kwik sew bra pattern just for the cup size and it fit perfectly! i had to adjust the pattern slightly because i didn’t want to have any unfinished edges on the inside or outside of the dress, and i didn’t include an under wire, instead i just sewed a double layer of bias tape where the under wire would have been. I made up the design for the rest of the dress…turns out i really, REALLY underestimated the amount of time it would take to create all the braids that i used on the dress!! I love the result though and it really does fit perfectly!
I am not sure what the material is…it was about four dollars a yard and i fell in love with it for its color and what i consider to be a somehow feminine zebra print.
Behind the seams with Marina von Koenig Part 2
Get all 11 of these retro inspired patterns for one low price!
Pattern of the Week
Hippie meets grunge in this plaid top with flared sleeves and a round neckline.
Leopard and snakeskin are the new neutrals.
Member Project of the Week
Peneloping's hand beaded frock is a real stunner.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.