Added Aug 4, 2010
Chicago, United ...
This is my version of Zyanya’s butterscotch blouse. It took me forever to draft out, and everything went wrong. I didn’t realize that the pleats had to be sewn down, so I did that after I’d already attached the yoke, so there’s gaps at the top and bottom where I couldn’t reach. Then, the front and the back didn’t match up. Oops.. and then, it was way too short, and since I was running out of material I cut the peplum in a semi-circle, mostly on the bias. As a result, it sticks out. A lot. Once I added an extra band around the bottom, it didn’t look quite as bad, but it still juts out strangely.
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.