Added Apr 30, 2014
I wanted a rather simple coat for the spring and decided to try my hand at Pavot. It’s my first coat, which makes it a big achievement!!!
I didn’t like the fact it was unlined, but I didn’t consider myself experienced enough to draft a lining, so I interligned my cotton will with silk charmeuse and honk-kong finished all my seams with Liberty of London bias tape (that was pricey, I used maybe 18 meters)…
I also tweaked the original design a bit, lenghtening the coat, adding a back pleat and a martingale, and transforming the sleeves gathers into a pleat, to remind of the back. I drafted pleated patch pockets as well, since I don’t like in-seam side pockets, but I was afraid it could look too “home made” if I didn’t succeed to attach hem discreetly, as I’m not so good at fidgetty techniques like this…
I’m overall happy with the pattern and this project : even if it’s by no means perfect, I’m proud of it!
You can find more pictures and details on my blog “here”: http://www.carlottastermaria.fr/blog/pavot-des-panoramas/
Pictures © Noctvrna
Cotton twill, silk charmeuse, covered buttons, Liberty of London bias tape
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.