Added Sep 26, 2008
This shirt has a long story… Last month I was in Spain and brought back home few issues of Patrones. I instantly spotted this shirt (Patrones #270) and fell in love with the idea of making it. So, the last few nights I worked hard on it. I wanted to add trimming details so I sewed a lot of tiny pintucks on a piece of fabric and then cut front lower parts, collar and cuffs from it. But, the shirt turned out way toooo big! My Spanish is not so good, so I couldn’t follow the instructions, and I don’t know if the pattern pieces included seam allowances already (anybody, please answer!). Or, maybe I cut the wrong size – I am size 38 (Burda’s measures), and I cut the size 40 from the Patroens? Anyway, I did my best to save the shirt and used the tnt shirt BWOF pattern (1/2008) and re-cut the shirt’s front and back panels following the shape of the Burda’s shirt. The original Patrones sleeves fitted well, but turned out a bit short, even though I lengthened the cuffs by 2cm. And, the final problem with the shirt is that the collar turned too short comparing to the stand collar part. And I don’t have enough pintucked fabric to make a new collar. Though, I have a plain fabric, I might repeat the process and make a better collar. All in all, I like this shirt, but I will think twice before using another pattern from the Patrones.
Enter the code EARLYBLACKFRIDAY at checkout to save
Pattern of the Week
Seams divide the front for a detail minimalists will love! (This pattern is also a part of our sale)
We have marked down 50 sewing pattern to $2.99 only until Monday, so hurry!
Our fabulous BurdaStylers of course! Today, save 30% Site-Wide With Code ThankYou14!
Satin takes the stage in this new collection of dresses, skirts, and fluttery tops.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.