Added Dec 6, 2008
This was my challenge with the world of “not-quilters”. It doesn’t take excessivly long to do a quilt. And it must not be very pricely.
I worked on this quilt for a straight weekend and after that it was finished. I only used old bed sheets that I had collected from flea markets and some sheets that me and my mom had dyed ourselves with Procion dyes. So the total time cost was about 80 hrs and the total cost is roughly about 100 Euros.
The quilt is fitting to the inlet, i.e. 220 by 240 cm and is serving as my bed blanket at the moment. Worked in chain-sew method.
Cotton bed sheets from flea markets and thrift stores, Ikea inlet (220×240cm) for filling