Added Jun 21, 2008
London, United K...
This is the Emily blouse, view A. I started making it in the winter, from a light but warm baby cord, and it took me so long to finish that it’s now too hot to wear it.
It’s a long time since I did any sewing and the first time I’ve made a shirt. When I started making this I hadn’t found the very useful how-tos on pattern alteration and fitting so I just tried to work it out myself. I made one in some scrap material and then transferred my changes back to the pattern. It has come out okay but a bit baggy at the back.
The only alteration, apart from the (attempted) fitting, was changing the straight hem to a curved one.
I have some light cotton fabric to try again for the summer and I will follow the how-tos on this site to see if I can get a better fit.
Baby cord – 100 percent cotton
Burdastyle for the great pattern
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
The lines of Greek architecture inspire this neutral and pastel collection.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.