Added Jul 14, 2010
I made this jacket from Simplicity Pattern 2455 (the jacket is project A.) I had a bit of trouble with the collar and facings, but I’m so happy with the way it turned out. The packaged pattern was for full-length sleeves, but since I used a lightweight fabric and the jacket isn’t fully lined, I decided to take the sleeves up to 3/4 length This was my first project from a packaged pattern, so I had some trouble with the sizing and had to take it in quite a bit. The paisley fabric I used didn’t photograph quite as well as I was hoping it would, (and it made it hard to see some of the detailing on the jacket) but it’s really beautiful in person. I can’t wait to wear it out!