Added Sep 12, 2008
This is a lampshade I made a few months ago. I had this metal frame which I had to bind with cotton tape (the fourth picture). Then I made a cotton lining which I had to stitch by hand to the frame (the fifth picture). And then I attached the orange cover to that frame and bound the ribbon bow to it :)
Both the lining and the cover are cotton. I already mentioned almost everything I needed in the description, but I also used satin bias tape and some kind of plastic string for the hem to make it stiffer.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
No need to go outside… spend the morning in dolled up in this collection of vintage style pajamas.
BurdaStyle Magazine US
Get an inside look at the patterns from the first 4 issues of BurdaStyle US
As an early special Black Friday promotion you can now enroll in the course ($80 value) for $49.99!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.