Added May 7, 2014
Vysocina, Czech ...
This is my first Danielle project. I really liked many burdastylers´ variations of this simple pattern, so I decided to download as well. This was first time I used pattern with included seem allowance and to be honest – I do not like this. I prefer knowing and marking the precise size of the parts and adding my own allowance. I shortened the skirt because of the lack of the fabric – I had only 90cm 150cm width. Another change were the bust seems as they didn´t fit me at all, but this is a common problem with my bust – I used size 36 but I am very tall so the proportions are a bit different. I didn´t use the “lining parts” of the bodice and used two layers of fabric instead as the top fabric is very lightwieght. I used white poplin for the under layer and for the belt. Anyway I am very happy with the result and I will deffinitelly use the pattern again.
100% cotton lighweight fabric, white poplin for the lining, polyester lace, 40cm contrast zipper
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.