Added Sep 9, 2013
This was my first project using Victory Patterns and I’m very happy with the experience! I’m so stoked that I’m able to support a small Canadian company.
This pattern came together wonderfully. I used a white viscose (that wrinkles crazily, as you can see!) that has a really nice drape. This was made to be a wearable muslin, but I think this will actually become a new favourite garment. The style is quite the departure from my usual clothes, but I really love it! I fully intended to dye this, but I still found the all-white ‘toga’ stage to be rather amusing. For the ombre, I used Intense Violet from Dylon.
I would highly recommend this pattern for beginners. It’s easy to put together with looking it.
2 metres viscose
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.