Added Feb 26, 2010
by Ami Taf
London, United K...
When I bought this fabric I didn’t imagine it would end up as a dress. I had a waistcoat type thing in mind. But for some reason when I pulled it out three days ago, I couldn’t see it being anything other than a dress! I had some left over shirting fabric from a previous shirt I’d worked on and just went with it.
The button closure on the shoulders were totally unplanned. I sewed the neck and armhole and I couldn’t turn it My God! It was a nightmare. I don’t know what I did, or didn’t do. But I nearly went crazy trying to turn it. After spending more than three hours trying to figure it out I gave up and decided to have a closure there instead using the wooden buttons I had initially planned for the waistcoat.
The bodice is fully lined with polycotton. Same stuff the ruffles are made of.
Being a medium weight fabric the appliques sit so well without it collapsing inward.
I love it!
Olive suiting, cotton shirting and polycotton fabric. Wooden buttons.
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
Member Model Challenge
Voting had begun! Vote for your favorite dress to be the next face of a BurdaStyle.com pattern.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.