Added Jun 26, 2012
This shirt was made using BurdaStyle pattern Linen Overshirt #104 from the 06/2011 issue. I used olive green linen and ivory coloured buttons with little flowers on them. I tried some fancy seam finishes that really turned out to be too bulky for the shirt but were fun to practice. I did hong kong seams on the longest seams using bias binding made with the same linen fabric, a french seam for the center back and then I resorted back to my beloved serger to attach the arms – so much easier and a nicer finish! I think the hong kong seams would have turned out much better if I used a thinner fabric. The linen was far too bulky to do the job but I’ve left it in because it was a lot of work and the casual cut of the shirt hides the bulk pretty well.
To see more pictures and to read a bit more, please visit my blog at Thread Theory
Linen, buttons, and a bit of interfacing
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.