Added Sep 7, 2011
On end of September I’m invited at a wedding of a friend and I realized this dress for the occasion!
I already published in a nother project the test version I realized with an old bed sheet, and if you have a look at it you will see how I changed my mind about this dress!!! I sewn almost four dresses before finding the right one!
I drew the pattern by myself following a book that teaches how to draw patterns from scratch. The final version has a three gore flounces skirt and a one-shoulder bodice: I’m really satisfied with it!!!
The fabric is is a sort of 100% silk shantung but with the right side more like satin, it’s very soft, smooth and shining. It was not easy to work with this fabric because it slips everywhere and if you try to remove stitches the holes remain visible… I had a terrible fear about it, expecially when I applied the zip!!!
Find more in my blog robygiup.blogspot.com (Italian and English)
a strange 100% silk shantung with satin look on the right side
Leopard and snakeskin are the new neutrals.
Member Project of the Week
Peneloping's hand beaded frock is a real stunner.
Make these brand new blouses and dresses in candy colored silk.
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this guide all about mini closure solutions!
Take a trip down the aisle in these gorgeous gowns, or change the fabrics for a spring party dress.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.