Added Jul 7, 2014
Whether you’re a Slim Gem or a Plus Size Diva this top is sure to please. This top hid my un-toned arms and provided me so much sex appeal. Love this top and you will too, perfect DIY.
1. Start by measuring the fabric width, wraping the fabric around the body and adding an additional 4-6 inches just depending on how baggy you want it.
2. Then measure from breastbone down, for desired length.
3. Take measurement of the width and length and cut two pieces for back and front.
4. Take measurements of upper arms and wrist, you will need this measurement for elastic cuts. You will also use this measurement and add 2-3 inches to make arms baggy.
5. Cut two arms based on desired length and width.
6. Sew back and front shirt pcs togather and then arms center sems.
7. Create a 1/2 inch casing for top and bottom shirt and arms.
8. Insert elastic into casing and attached arms at side sems to shirt side sems.
9. Double stich 1 inch to lock arms in place.
1-1/4 yards Light Weight Fabric, 2-3 yards 1/4 Elastic, Measuring Tape and Scissors for cutting Fabric.
Pattern of the Week
The oversized shape has a cool bell shaped silhouette with a wide body and fitted sleeves
Stock up on our favorite BurdaStyle patterns sewn in white!
Learn How to Sew Knits Successfully With a Sewing Machine
Join Meg Healy in this 6 Week Course, we have just re-opened enrollment for a limited time!
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
Take a look at Meg's 2014 Mash Ups, and get the special pattern bundle that includes them all
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.