Added Feb 23, 2014
First attempt at sewing a gown! I made my own bridesmaid dress for a friend’s wedding.I used 2 types of fabric, Chiffon over Satin as per the Bride’s request. I followed the “bodice” part of the Sweetheart pattern, but changed the skirt into a circle skirt for ease of movement and to hide my lovehandles. This is relatively easy to sew but became time consuming because of all the basting needed to keep the 2 fabrics secure and aligned. I used iron-on fusible interfacing to stabilize the armhole/sleeves, and neckline.
I made a total of 3 bodices, first one was using the actual fabric, I got the fit all wrong, so I made a second one in muslin to adjust the fit, and finally the third and final one w/ the proper fit.
Primarily rage driven because the gown I had commissioned a month ago came back with so many problems and the bridal shop never got the fit right despite havin it returned a few times, so I made my own from scratch
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
No need to go outside… spend the morning in dolled up in this collection of vintage style pajamas.
BurdaStyle Magazine US
Get an inside look at the patterns from the first 4 issues of BurdaStyle US
As an early special Black Friday promotion you can now enroll in the course ($80 value) for $49.99!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.