Added May 8, 2012
I made this dress from a vintage Simplicity pattern. I went for version 1, with long sleeves. Instead of the collar from the pattern, I added a self-drafted collar, which I removed only a short time after I had finished the dress because I didn’t like it.
Sadly, the dress was never worn. I liked it but I felt rather costumed in it. After one year, I pulled the dress out of my closet again and shortened the sleeves. I like it much better now and I think it is more wearable in our times now!
You can read more on my blog: http://marieinthecave.blogspot.com/2012/05/60s-style-dress-remake.html
dark green wool crepe, lining
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
Member Model Challenge
Voting had begun! Vote for your favorite dress to be the next face of a BurdaStyle.com pattern.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.