Added Jan 3, 2010
Sydney (Inner We...
Burda’s project of the week! A wee-small remnant of stretch black wool is the perfect size for this one. And soooo comfortable. Not your average pencil skirt, either! It stretches every way I bend (see the 2nd photo). Like wearing a hug. Did I mention it is comfortable? I love it
A few modifications:
1) tapered line of skirt to be more figure hugging – in at waist and in at knee
2) used two pieces for waist band – two side seams instead of one (because of limited size of remnant)
3) hand stitched hem so it is invisible – I first made the twin stitching hem and didn’t like how the shape of the fabric changed. I unpicked it (seriously, late night) and hand stitched for a smooth seamless look
4) hand stitched seam allowance at waist band – the fabric is quite thick and the stitching holds it in place for a lump-free profile
5) added ribbon loop to inside of centre back waist band – now I can tell the front from the back
Thank you, Burda!
That’s a fabric remnant put to sensational use.
wool polyamide jersey
Take a trip down the aisle in these gorgeous gowns, or change the fabrics for a spring party dress.
Fashion & Trends
See a few of our favorite looks, and the Burda patterns we're inspired to make!
It's time to enter for our grand prize, an EX100 machine PLUS a trip to Nashville!
Pattern of the Week
A body skimming shift goes mod with graphic stripes and square neckline!
Three videos, a web seminar, and five patterns help you master stretchy stitching.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.