Added Jan 3, 2010
Sydney (Inner We...
Burda’s project of the week! A wee-small remnant of stretch black wool is the perfect size for this one. And soooo comfortable. Not your average pencil skirt, either! It stretches every way I bend (see the 2nd photo). Like wearing a hug. Did I mention it is comfortable? I love it
A few modifications:
1) tapered line of skirt to be more figure hugging – in at waist and in at knee
2) used two pieces for waist band – two side seams instead of one (because of limited size of remnant)
3) hand stitched hem so it is invisible – I first made the twin stitching hem and didn’t like how the shape of the fabric changed. I unpicked it (seriously, late night) and hand stitched for a smooth seamless look
4) hand stitched seam allowance at waist band – the fabric is quite thick and the stitching holds it in place for a lump-free profile
5) added ribbon loop to inside of centre back waist band – now I can tell the front from the back
Thank you, Burda!
That’s a fabric remnant put to sensational use.
wool polyamide jersey
Check out Kate Middleton's stand-out spring dress
Pattern of the Week
You’ll want to wear this dress to tiki parties, spring weddings, and afternoon dates...
Sewing & Techniques
Check out Meg's Sweetheart Dress project and how she made it!
Hit the road in easy dresses, slouchy tees, and bootcut pants.
Be the face of one of our exclusive patterns on BurdaStyle.com!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.