Added Aug 18, 2012
by Carly Doyle
I bought some jersey material which was on sale, and followed the instructions in the tutorial. The hem at the bottom seemed to high on the sides and just the right length in the middle, so I patched leftover bits of the material onto the sides, to straighten the hem. I ran out of material so made the drawstring neckline out of woven ribbon, and then simply added tails of the fabric to the ends of the ribbon.
My dress has turned out really well I think! I’m very happy with it.
Behind the seams with Marina von Koenig Part 2
Get all 11 of these retro inspired patterns for one low price!
Pattern of the Week
Hippie meets grunge in this plaid top with flared sleeves and a round neckline.
Leopard and snakeskin are the new neutrals.
Member Project of the Week
Peneloping's hand beaded frock is a real stunner.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.