Added Aug 18, 2012
by Carly Doyle
I bought some jersey material which was on sale, and followed the instructions in the tutorial. The hem at the bottom seemed to high on the sides and just the right length in the middle, so I patched leftover bits of the material onto the sides, to straighten the hem. I ran out of material so made the drawstring neckline out of woven ribbon, and then simply added tails of the fabric to the ends of the ribbon.
My dress has turned out really well I think! I’m very happy with it.
Tour a European city in these tailored classics in shades of camel and merlot.
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.