Added Aug 18, 2012
by Carly Doyle
I bought some jersey material which was on sale, and followed the instructions in the tutorial. The hem at the bottom seemed to high on the sides and just the right length in the middle, so I patched leftover bits of the material onto the sides, to straighten the hem. I ran out of material so made the drawstring neckline out of woven ribbon, and then simply added tails of the fabric to the ends of the ribbon.
My dress has turned out really well I think! I’m very happy with it.
Save 40% on some of our most stylish patterns with the code BOXING2014
Sew in the new year with patterns that were 'the' patterns 2014! (we are also putting them on sale)
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.