Added Jun 20, 2010
Hanoi, Viet Nam
This is a super simple dress which requires absolutly no darts.
- All you have to do is using a dartless basic bodice block that you can easily find on the internet. Chop off the front block into half, right at the bust point and u’ve got the front top pattern! For the back you can just do the same or deviding it into different pieces like wut i did.
- For the bottom of the dress cut a cirle and make another smaller circle hole in the midle. The circumference of the little cirle is the measurement of ur bust point. The distand between the 2 circles is the length of the dress that you want, measuring from the bust point down. for example, lets say you bust measurement is 88 cm, the circumference of the little circle will also be 88 and u can measure it by this caculation: add 4cm for seem allowance, devide by 3.14, then divide by 2, so it’s 88 + 4 then / 3.14 then / 2 = 14.6. Fold your fabric half horizontally, then vertically and draw a 14.6 cm line from the corner
and draw a circle with that line as the radius.
- Using the same fabric as the top to make the string so you can use it to tie a bow on the waist.
- After you’ve got all the piesces, sew them together and insert the zipper on the side (preferably an invisible zipper).
- You are done!( Sorry for all these silly instructions _", if you have any question, ask me!)
Check out Kate Middleton's stand-out spring dress
Pattern of the Week
You’ll want to wear this dress to tiki parties, spring weddings, and afternoon dates...
Sewing & Techniques
Check out Meg's Sweetheart Dress project and how she made it!
Hit the road in easy dresses, slouchy tees, and bootcut pants.
Be the face of one of our exclusive patterns on BurdaStyle.com!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.