Added Jan 15, 2014
by Sarah Carts
I created this dress as a mock-up for a dress a have yet to make. I correctly estimated many corrections in the fitting (not all of them made in the photos) and made this one! It turned out so much to my liking that I’ve taken the time to line and hem it since the photos! It has many pieces for the bodice (11 on the front – not counting the lining!) and they all had to be slightly altered! I’m still not sure that it’s snug enough!
My pattern started out as McCall’s M6561, which is out of print now.
I posted on my blog about this project, too!
I made it out of a bed sheet I got at the thrift store for half-off! My zipper is vintage from my Nonna’s stash that I inherited.
Pattern of the Week
A body skimming shift goes mod with graphic stripes and square neckline!
Three videos, a web seminar, and five patterns help you master stretchy stitching.
Try out menswear inspired wardrobe staples, like unconventional jackets and high waisted pants.
Find full size patterns for these, and other gorgeous styles in the spring issue!
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's latest mash up of our Princess Seam Top, and see how she made it into a dress!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.