NEW BurdaStyle
Best of Blogging List!

Subscribe to our FREE digital newsletter and
receive the new Top 50 Bloggers List for
sewing, fashion and craft enthusiasts!

Need help identifying something

Added Nov 15, 2011

by teresa5562

Vero Beach, Flor...




  • 001_grid


Tried discussions but could not add a photo so I am putting it here.
Will welcome any ideas on what it is used for also.
It feels like cloth? Has a beading look to it
Thank you


5 Comments Sign in to add a post

  • Missing

    Nov 16, 2011, 02.33 PMby teresa5562

    Thank you to all who replied. I never would have thought that is what it is. But what is “glass” curtains?

  • Fb2227aaf242c0d041dbcd583baae4e4ccfba73d_large

    Nov 16, 2011, 07.45 AMby loulourosa

    this is curtain weight, used for “glass” curtains.

  • Bulgaria_and_france_burgundy_2012_101_large

    Nov 16, 2011, 03.27 AMby schnui

    I also agree that it is curtain hem weights.

  • Missing

    Nov 15, 2011, 05.10 PMby victoriakb

    I agree with Arnova. It looks like curtain hem weighting. I’ve also seen strips of it used as a method of weighting pages down in valuable/rare books.

  • Azrael_gescannt_large

    Nov 15, 2011, 04.45 PMby Arnova

    To me it looks like the things you sew into the seams of curtains so they are a bit heavier and have a nice fall. Beads of lead with a fabric-tube around them?!

    • This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Add to Favorites no one added it