Added Apr 20, 2010
Benesov, Czech R...
This is a jacket 130 by Burda 10/2009. It took me over two months to make and it´s still not really finished due to the horrible ruined lining. Bur I wear it anyway.
It was difficult for me to make this; I just did almost everything twice (especially making the pockets and collar took me a long time). And I hemmed it three times ( I couldn´t decide how long I wanted it, in the end I shortened it quite a lot).
All in all, lots of seam ripping, lots of hand sewing. And I´m not sure I like the sleeves… I kind of wish I made “normal” sleeves.
I made many many mistakes. I don´t super love it, but I think it´s ok, considering I´m a total novice. I have to admit, it was too complicated pattern for me to make. But the fabric (beautiful navy woolen material) was free, so I thought, there´s nothing to lose! :) And I like it looks a bit “army”, or at least I hope.
woolen navy suiting, interfacing, acetate lining, buttons