Added Apr 20, 2009
I made these shorts as a practice round for some sailor shorts that I am planning to make from corduroy. I used this fabric because I don’t especially like the floral pattern, but now that the shorts are made it has grown on me. My starting off point was the Burda pattern called Ruby. I lengthened it to make the high waist and sewed up the sides instead of having the side buttons. Next I examined my mom’s wool sailor pants that she got at the army surplus store to figure out how the front flap and buttons work. Now that I’ve completed these shorts, I feel confident enough to try them out again in the corduroy. I cheated on these ones and used snaps instead of making all of those button holes.
Cotton from the thrift store, buttons, and snaps.
Fashion & Trends
All the fall trouser sewing inspiration you need.
Pattern of the Week
This jacket is a mix of mod and military and will change the look of any outfit!
Go far afield in this collection of bib dresses, waistcoats, and wool jackets in textured fall fabri
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this jean alteration technique and find out how you can learn more!
Member Project of the Week
A gorgeous confection with a surprise peach chiffon layer.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.