National Day Dress
Added Jul 29, 2013
I made Butterick B5214 (a pattern from their Retro line).
I made some minor adjustments to the bodice but left the skirt exactly as it was on the pattern. I added some boning in the bodice along the center front seam, the side seams, in between those seams and of course in the back as well. This way it really stays up without having me pulling it up every few minutes. I also deepened the neckline a bit for a more flattering and sexy look.
More info here: http://lientjedriel.blogspot.be/2013/07/happy-birthday-belgium.html
The fabric is a red linen. It wrinkles a bit but not too much luckily. I lined the bodice in that same linen fabric and the skirt in something synthetic. (Can’t really remember what exactly.)