Added May 17, 2008
I made this dress for my a friend of mine and I used the Zoe pattern as the base. The front has two small panels (yoke) at the top and I moved the dart to face the top and gathered it. Also, I added buttons. In the back I put elastic at the top because otherwise it was too baggy, and i also put ties at the waist! The skirt is gathered instead of the big pleat/fold thingy.
The pictures were when we were preparing for a play at school
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.