My Wedding Dress - March 2010

Added Apr 11, 2010

by roarah

Melbourne, Austr...

N502838397_99324_9707_thumb

Views

11791

Step 1 Patterns

Part2skirt5_large

I used two patterns as a basis for this dress. The first was Vogue V2979. When I first found this I really liked it, but I didn’t think the heavy lace would be good for me as I was getting married in early March in Australia (the likelihood of 35C+ weather is still pretty high). Given that I wanted to use a more delicate lace than what was suggested, I didn’t like the fact that the 10m of silk in the skirt just hung off the lace. For these reasons I decided to modify the design to have a corset with a lace overlay, rather than just the lace & lining. This way the corset would take the load of the skirt & I would not have to worry about the lace breaking. I selected the pattern, Simplicity 5006, for the corset. I picked this pattern for two reasons; the first is the beautiful sweetheart neckline. The second was that the seam lines finished at the base of the corset in a similar location to the skirt seams, so I figured that I would easily be able to make adjustments so that they would line up.

0 Comments on Step 1

    • This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Rating

51 votes

Rate this project

Difficulty

Advanced

Finished Projects

  • Dsc_2523_thumb
  • Vestido_thumb
Burdastyle

http://burdastyle.com//projects/my-wedding-dress-march-2010/instructions/1