Added Apr 2, 2013
My take on ruby shorts using 70s fabric from my mom’s old fabric stash. I omitted the back pocket flap and added another pocket. I decided to go for a longer length. I also added an inch to the crotch depth. It took several readings to understand some of the pattern instructions, but I’m pleased how it came together. There were a lot of techniques I’ve never done before.
More info can be found on my blog.http://diveinsew.blogspot.com/2013/04/burdastyle-ruby-shorts-6005.html
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.