Added Sep 2, 2007
This is my first creation from a pattern. It said it should be very easy, but it actually took me quite a long time to understand the pattern and to assemble the skirt. I finished it today at last! It started simply as a first attempt, just to learn and see what came out but I’m pretty satisfied with the result.
I must say I made some alterations. I wasn’t crazy about having to do with zips and buttons, so I turned the waistband into a “tunnel” for a ribbon* I made and which I tie at a side. (simply where the tunnel remained open).
Second alteration: I put no lining in my skirt. It’s lighter and I thought it would have been harder to make. Any suggestion?
*the ribbon was probably the toughest part of all. I don’t know how the idea came to my mind but I achieved it at the third attempt :P.
a light cotton remnant my granma gave me to learn sewing.
I have to thank Nayantara for her howtos most of which have helped me a lot especially with the ribbon.
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.