My Project Runway ReMake Challenge Presented by Rowenta - Fr...
Added Oct 1, 2010
Gr, Michigan, Un...
Frumpy dress to military vest!
When I started this project I didn’t really have any idea of what this would become, I even scrapped it once and made something completely different (didn’t end up loving it). To start, I carefully detached the sleeves, back zipper and pleat. On back I used a sleeve from another garment to fill the opening in the back and cut excess material to form an asymmetrical shape. I cut the front slightly off center and iron pressed a quarter of an inch in before sewing. I took 2 inches in on each side, followed the existing darting and iron pressed it back before pinning and sewing. I sewed each pleat about a quarter inch in to keep it’s shape and turned the pleated bottom on it’s side, attached right sides together to one side of vest. Finished sewing armholes and attached buttons.
This contest has gave me the push I needed to finally post my first project, thanks burdastyle & rowenta!