Added May 28, 2009
Well, Ington., N...
I modified the Paola pattern slightly and this is what i ended up with…
As I mentioned before the pattern was difficult to work with. The instructions were not very clear and I couldn’t figure out how to put in the inserted pleats. I left them out, also I didn’t have enough fabric for the cuffs so I just made cap-sleeves. The top is a bit ill-fitting, and as you can see, scandalously low-cut so I have to wear a shirt underneath. Sorry for my bleak office/server room/storage room photos, but my colleagues all complimented me on the dress!
cotton, silk covered buttons, silk belt
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this guide all about mini closure solutions!
Take a trip down the aisle in these gorgeous gowns, or change the fabrics for a spring party dress.
Fashion & Trends
See a few of our favorite looks, and the Burda patterns we're inspired to make!
It's time to enter for our grand prize, an EX100 machine PLUS a trip to Nashville!
Pattern of the Week
A body skimming shift goes mod with graphic stripes and square neckline!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.