Added May 28, 2009
Well, Ington., N...
I modified the Paola pattern slightly and this is what i ended up with…
As I mentioned before the pattern was difficult to work with. The instructions were not very clear and I couldn’t figure out how to put in the inserted pleats. I left them out, also I didn’t have enough fabric for the cuffs so I just made cap-sleeves. The top is a bit ill-fitting, and as you can see, scandalously low-cut so I have to wear a shirt underneath. Sorry for my bleak office/server room/storage room photos, but my colleagues all complimented me on the dress!
cotton, silk covered buttons, silk belt
Fashion & Trends
All the fall trouser sewing inspiration you need.
Pattern of the Week
This jacket is a mix of mod and military and will change the look of any outfit!
Go far afield in this collection of bib dresses, waistcoats, and wool jackets in textured fall fabri
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this jean alteration technique and find out how you can learn more!
Member Project of the Week
A gorgeous confection with a surprise peach chiffon layer.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.