Added May 28, 2009
Well, Ington., N...
I modified the Paola pattern slightly and this is what i ended up with…
As I mentioned before the pattern was difficult to work with. The instructions were not very clear and I couldn’t figure out how to put in the inserted pleats. I left them out, also I didn’t have enough fabric for the cuffs so I just made cap-sleeves. The top is a bit ill-fitting, and as you can see, scandalously low-cut so I have to wear a shirt underneath. Sorry for my bleak office/server room/storage room photos, but my colleagues all complimented me on the dress!
cotton, silk covered buttons, silk belt
Save 40% on some of our most stylish patterns with the code BOXING2014
Sew in the new year with patterns that were 'the' patterns 2014! (we are also putting them on sale)
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.