Added May 28, 2011
I chose the pattern from an original book from 1950ies and constructed a pattern.
When I dressed up a childr, the first thought was: now we got a little “Alice in Wonderland” prototype, just in pink (nothing to do: one of the favourite colors of my daughter). I am satisfied with the result, I believe that each such project makes my sewing skills better, and I am more and more successful during the process.
Now you can assess the final result by looking at the photos. In short: the dress is made of cotton, in white parts was used organza fabric. For fastening is used a hidden zipper.
In addition, there was made a petticoat of white organza fabric that keeps the fullness of the dress.
On the left side the joint of skirt and the top was treated with a lace. Collar and sleeve seams were treated with oblique thread tape. Since I do not have an overlock, edges were sewn, using a zig – zag stitch or overlock stitch, but in fabric seams – pitched thread. This time I tried a slight accent with thin lace. The rim of the skirt was adorned with lace edge.
For more chek my blog wonderosa.net
It's time to enter for our grand prize, an EX100 machine PLUS a trip to Nashville!
Pattern of the Week
A body skimming shift goes mod with graphic stripes and square neckline!
Three videos, a web seminar, and five patterns help you master stretchy stitching.
Try out menswear inspired wardrobe staples, like unconventional jackets and high waisted pants.
Find full size patterns for these, and other gorgeous styles in the spring issue!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.