Added Jun 6, 2009
Buenos Aires, Ar...
Well, I wanted to sew something challenging to wear on a formal event so I decided to experiment with Jennifer Pattern.
At first I cut it with long sleeves but then decided I didn’t like it so I shortened them. Also I lowered a bit the front pannel but used the same original piece for the pin tucks so the hole neckline would back down. As you may have seen, I created a waving texture with the pin tucks and added more buttons at the front. I almost forgot!, I used only french seams.
Very old piece of creamy colour silk fabric, maybe like a wild silk or shantung as it has a bit of that texture. Also, the wrong side of the fabric seems to be cotton or linen.. so.. I don’t really know.
Thanks to CarotteSauvage for inspiring me
Grandma for the fabric
BurdaStyle for such a great pattern
My boyfriend for taking the pictures
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.