My First Playsuit
Added Jul 8, 2011
Made using McCalls M6083, this is the first time I’ve made something that relates to shorts/trousers. This pattern was incredibly easy to follow, and was very straightforward to put together. I got to learn a few new techniques along the way such as how to make side front pockets, and how to create a casing for elastic. I love the wrapped style bodice, and the gathers in the shoulder seams.
The only thing I will be bearing in mind is that because the waistline seam calls for such a large seam allowance (in order for the casing) the shorts sit higher than I was expecting, so I think it’ll be worth adding on some fabric next time so they sit in a more comfortable place.
See more info/photos of construction on my blog