Added Dec 16, 2009
This is a dress and a vest I made like a year ago for my LARP. It was the first costume I ever made, so I’m very proud of it, even though it does not fit me very well.
I used a Burda costume pattern for the dress. I found it to be very unflattering on me. It is way to wide at the chest and waist (I already took it like 5 cm in at both sides) and the neckline is way to high for my liking. I can’t get the sleeves to look nice, either. The sleeves are not long enough, as I forgot to lengthen them.
I did not use any pattern for the vest. It’s a bit to big, so I’m going to take it in a few cm.
The dress laces up in the back, the vest laces up in the sides.
I sorry about the poor pictures, my phone couldn’t do any better.
Red and black linen for the dress (black under-sleeves and lining), off-white wool for the vest. A decorative ribbon with red flowers on it. Black cord for the lacing. small eyelets.
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
The lines of Greek architecture inspire this neutral and pastel collection.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's variation of our Drawstring Gym Shorts, and see how she made them high-fashion!
Meet this seamstress, mom, jeans lover, and the instructor of our digital pattern drafting course!
Pattern of the Week
This timeless style ties at the back and looks stunning at formal events
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.