Added Aug 24, 2011
i loved doing headbands and i came across a certain blogger who made a Kanzashi flower, but she was using a somewhat stiff material and i tried to use a satin material because of its shiny side, which i love, quite hard because its slippery compared to a stiffer material, but fortunately I was able to made one with the slippery material.And I’m so happy with the result, since it was just my first try. I didn’t use any template since I don’t have one, but just mere folding with my fingers along with the help of pins, needles and threads.
the flower is made of fuchsia colored satin fabric and I used a velvet coated button that i had removed from my winter skirt along time ago and bought the elastic at a thrift store.
BurdaStyle Project of the Week
Meg made this edgy variation of the Open Back Dress!
Pattern of the Week
This fitted jacket will keep you warm and stylish on those cool summer nights!
Dive back into 1956 with this stylish two in one pant suit pattern!
Member Project of the Week
Get inspired by printed floral bustier dress with flounce! It is so summery.
The style is cool and sporty beach wear that can be worn anywhere!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.