Added Apr 26, 2011
The pattern I used was the Hope dress pattern courtesy of erdronen. It took about 4 days to complete but mostly because I was pacing myself and being bent over a sewing machine with a beach ball belly can be sooooooo uncomfortable- even if you are sitting down. The only revisions I made was shortening the sleeves and adding an extra panel of fabric to allow for the the beach ball to be covered as well. This dress is really a cute and easy first pattern dress; I enjoyed it a great deal. Thank you so much erdronen!
The fabric is a polyester rayon blend which I didn’t really think I’d like but it draped the way I wanted it to plus the print was just so pretty for spring and summer! However the hemming was such a pain to complete and I wound up cheating on the belt a bit but I’m pretty sure it isn’t too noticeable.
Sewing & Techniques
Our popular swimsuit sloper is now available in PLUS size!
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.