My first challenge coat
Added Sep 9, 2010
This my first winter coat since I start to learn to sewing on the mid-June this year. It was really challenge for me to make it and to finish it. I bought this fabric from an online shop from Germany. It’s very cheap fabric with a very good quality. It is 80 % wool 20 % polyamide. I think it would be warm enough for winter. With the Schottish motive, it was a little bit difficult for me to match the line, but finally it works.
First of all when I start to work for this coat, I was a little bit nervous, I’m affraid I make a mistake (a little mistake is okay but if it’s a fatal mistake…then I won’t have a winter coat for the future winter). This coat is from Burda pattern 09/ 2010, very fit for me because it’s for short size. Actually my size is 19 but I took 21, just to prevent that it won’t fit. And to make it easier, I added small pushbuttons instead make invisible piece for buttonhole (like at the magazine). so the big buttons are just accessoires. It took me whole 3 days to make it (from 08.00 am until sun goes down). It’s not easy to make it but it’s make me addicted to make another coat…I love the challenge!!
So….I’m happy that it’s done (and looks nice)!! :-D
PS. I still have a lot of the rest from the fabric, so I will also make a victorian bonnet for winter from it..