Added Feb 3, 2010
This is my first ever sewing project – I’m quite proud I managed to finish it as I am quite impatient!
I went a bit overboard on the sizing when I cut it out, so I have had to take this in a few times and I’m sure it’s still a bit too big – it looks massive on the hanger!!
I got some help from my mother in law for the bias binding around the neck and sleeves. I also made the dress shorter than the pattern suggested. I have some navy-style brass buttons (cut from a old lady’s cardigan I bought at a jumble sale!) that I am going to add on top of each sleeve – I will re-post the pics once I get round to sewing them on.
This is definitely not the most flattering style for my body shape – especially on top, but I am definitely going to use it as the basis for some more dresses.
The fabric cost me £2, so, with the bias binding this dress must come to about £3!! And the belt is Primarni, so altogether a very cheap outfit!!
P.S. This dress is based on the original Burdastyle Anda but for some reason I can’t choose this as the ‘project it is based on’ bit….so I had to choose the Sailor Anda instead.
Navy blue cotton with small white polka dots,
White bias binding
Plan a weekend getaway in these sweater dresses and furry accessories.
Member Project of the Week
Clothingengineer made a classic trench in Pantone's 2014 color of the year. Take a look!
Fashion and Trends
Check out this post all on menswear, and see how Meg was inspired to create her own men's shirts!
Learn how to set your serger up for sewing a rolled hem in this week's new BurdaStyle Video!
Perfect the art of sewing collars and stands, including tricks you won't find in books or patterns!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.