my denim jacket
Added Oct 27, 2013
denim jacket based on burdastyle pattern 109 Jacket.
As this is a petite pattern I added 2 cm to both the body and the sleeves pieces. I did a tissue fit with my pattern pieces, but wasn’t happy with the fit of the back (it was quite loose), so I after adding my usual high round back adjustment, I reshaped the centre back seam and also recut the side backs, moving some of the flare from the back princess seam to the side seam. As my denim was thick I also recut the yoke to make it a one piece, reducing some of the seam bulk at the neck and shoulders.
I changed the hem band to 4cm as I felt it was a bit wide and didn’t top stitch the shoulder seams.
If I made it again with the heavy weight fabric, I’d think about cutting the undercollar on the bias, so that the collar would sit better. Oh – and while I was marking out for the buttonholes, I accidentally added another.
I used a heavyweight blue/black denim